Information on a 2007 Mountain Designs Positron 2 p tent

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Information on a 2007 Mountain Designs Positron 2 p tent

Postby jackattack » Tue 31 Dec, 2019 3:18 pm

Sorted some gear I hadn’t touched for ages since my last move. Discovered a Mountain Designs Positron 2 person tent. Set it up in lounge room no apparent holes. Looks like a winter below tree line in Australia tent, solid inner and mesh door, not a heap of vents. I only used it a few times 5 years ago.

I’ll use it to take nephews camping and for a walk in base camp and leave set up as not a huge issue if gets stolen or kid goo on it. I am wanting to know as it’s not on the bag or tags and I can’t find on web what material it is. I think it’s silnylon. Does anyone still own this tent and can enlighten me with more information on it?

Kind Regards

Jack
jackattack
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Information on a 2007 Mountain Designs Positron 2 p tent

Postby Zapruda » Tue 31 Dec, 2019 4:46 pm

I can’t help with the tent but a few years ago I emailed them about an old sleeping bag I had and they replied really quickly with a heap of info on it. This was pre Anaconda though.
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Rai » Wed 01 Jan, 2020 4:57 am

I have one. According to its tag, the fly material is silicon coated 40D ripstop nylon. The base is 70D, 190T PU coated nylon. Picture of tag attached.
Attachments
Positron tent tag.jpg
Rai
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Postby jackattack » Wed 01 Jan, 2020 11:57 am

Thankyou Zapruda and Rai for the reply’s. Rai that information is really helpful!
jackattack
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment