Hilleberg Jannu or Allak2

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Hilleberg Jannu or Allak2

Postby Sambar 340 » Wed 21 Aug, 2019 6:32 am

Been looking at these 2 tents and trying to decide on one. Any opinions or pros and cons on each would be appreciated. Most of my time is spent in the mountains well of trails. I have a Hilleberg Soulo but would like a second tent for the extra space or if the wife joins me.
Cheers
Sambar 340
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Re: Hilleberg Jannu or Allak2

Postby philm » Wed 21 Aug, 2019 8:56 am

I have owned the Allak for about 4 years. It is a bombproof freestanding tent as all Hillibergs are.
I also own a Soulo
To me the advantages of the Allak are

it is freestanding so you can pitch it in tight spots

It has vestibules on both sides with entrances on both sides so works really well with 2 people

It is comfortable and easy to sit up inside

I don’t really like tunnel tents but that is a personal preference as I find them uncomfortable and harder to get in and out of

I guess it will come down to a personal preference
philm
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Return to Equipment