Kids Sleeping Bag

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Kids Sleeping Bag

Postby rustyjus » Tue 02 Jul, 2019 9:49 am

Hi,

Im after a decent kids winter camping sleeping bag for a 4 year old, any parents out there with suggestions?

I thought of modifying a grown ups one but Im a hiking quilt user and don't have a normal bag anymore and

everything at anaconda etc seems pretty average.

Thanks
rustyjus
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Kids Sleeping Bag

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 02 Jul, 2019 10:08 am

How warm?
When my kids were small I just used an adult sleeping bag and shortened the end with some bungie cord or I let them use my elephants foot. 4YO I would use synthetic 6 to 8YO I would use down I have a couple of surplus kids bags here that I am happy to let you have very cheaply. The tadpoles here are now too tall for them.

Very warm Postage will cost more than the bags if you were interested
The Kathmandu Pipsqueak when a bit older is a reasonable warm weather bag and the Orb for young teenagers, not much else around. If for serious walking above the snowline then I would recommend the Western Mountaineering Tamarack or the Semilite
http://www.westernmountaineering.com/sl ... s/tamarak/
http://www.westernmountaineering.com/sl ... /semilite/
I owned a Tamarack but sold it when I bought the Brooks Range elephants foot, a very good bag for short persons down to freezing when wearing warm clothing
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Kids Sleeping Bag

Postby nezumi » Tue 02 Jul, 2019 6:33 pm

I still had an Aldi down bag that I bought a couple of years ago kicking around, so my wife has modified it so that we can roll it up from the bottom and secure it.

I had a look at the options on offer for kids, and found most of them to be designed for car camping at best - heavier than my existing adult bag, and with a worse temperature rating.
nezumi
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment