I am not buying a new tent

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

I am not buying a new tent

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 29 May, 2019 4:03 pm

BUT
What are peoples thoughts on the Nemo Apollo?
It is on sale at Paddy Pallin
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nemo-Apollo ... 1438.l2649
I haven't replaced my Megamid yet and if tadpoles come with me and I need more shelter than the bothybag allows would it be suitable for a storm shelter?
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: I am not buying a new tent

Postby Bluegum Mic » Wed 29 May, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi MD,

I don't have the Apollo, but I do have the penalite. I think it's fabulously well made and can be well guyed out for a storm. It's the most robust mid I've owned. I think the Apollo would be the same.
That said I will be moving away from my mid (so torn as I love it, but don't always want to walk with poles). Your welcome to purchase down the track if you wish. I have an inner with it too made by Evan. PM if interested.
Cheers
Mic

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Bluegum Mic
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: I am not buying a new tent

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 29 May, 2019 4:40 pm

One of the reasons I've not bought any new tents [ apart from always being broke] is being over 6 foot tall I need more room than most
I'll keep that offer in mind.
I'm still using that old Minaret tho just need something lighter for the day touring with spuds
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment