Desktop version
Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.

Forum rules

TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.
Post a reply

Shoe repair Syd? (Need stitching)

Fri 10 May, 2019 2:44 pm

Looking for recommendations for hiking shoe repair in Sydney and surrounds. Some of the stitching from my Hanwag leather boots has come loose. I’d love get them repaired as I have massive trouble finding boots that fit me, so rather stretch my current boots’ life as much as possible!

Recommendations much appreciated.

Re: Shoe repair Syd? (Need stitching)

Mon 13 May, 2019 5:09 pm

There is an old school bootmaker in redfern st redfern, opposite Redfern Oval. They do just about everything for shoes.
g

Mon 13 May, 2019 6:18 pm

And Nutread in Asquith

Tue 14 May, 2019 7:19 am

McHughs Shoes in Leichhardt https://mchughsshoes.com.au/
On their website it says they repair hiking boots

Fri 17 May, 2019 2:17 pm

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the tips!

Sat 18 May, 2019 7:05 am

Nutread resoled my Vasques with Vibram soles successfully.

Sat 18 May, 2019 8:44 am

cajun wrote:Nutread resoled my Vasques with Vibram soles successfully.

It's not successful until you've worn out the new soles without them separating.

Sun 19 May, 2019 10:04 am

north-north-west wrote:
cajun wrote:Nutread resoled my Vasques with Vibram soles successfully.

It's not successful until you've worn out the new soles without them separating.

Fair call NNW.
It has been a couple of years of use though, and all good so far. Disclaimer - these shoes are used for street and firetrail walking, with some track work. I use these walks for exercise.

I prefer my Keen Mids for bushwalking and off track.
Post a reply