Hammock Tree straps

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Hammock Tree straps

Postby Idgara74 » Sun 24 Mar, 2019 2:09 pm

G'day guys,

I recently purchased a Hennessy Hammock and found the supplied tree straps to be a little to short, for the trees I have access to.

Tried looking for the availability of the XL versions, however I couldn't find them in Australia.

Could you guys help me out with either other brands or a solution that doesn't involve me pulling my hammock apart(maybe later, but not for now)?

Thank you for your time.
Idgara74
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Hammock Tree straps

Postby ofuros » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 3:34 am

Locally made version...choose your length.

https://www.tiergear.com.au/shop/hammock-accessories
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Gadgetgeek » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 6:38 am

Any sort of polyester webbing at least 25mm wide will work. I like the dutchwear gear hooks for setting the length of the strap, but they are not needed. There is a hammocker on youtube called Shug who has a video of how to use a full webbing hang system, you can easily combine that with the hennessy system for a no hardware hang if you want. I made two x three meter tree straps which allows me to also get more distance, and added belay rings to the end of each to make it easy to attach the hennessy ropes, but that was because I could. one could just tie in a loop if they didn't want to sew.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Idgara74 » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 8:13 am

Thank you for the information, I appreciate the help.
Idgara74
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby ChrisJHC » Tue 26 Mar, 2019 1:37 am

I just bought the webbing from Lincraft and got my in-house seamstress to sew loops in the ends.

They work perfectly and you can make them any length you want.
ChrisJHC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment