Aarn pockets to an Osprey pack

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Aarn pockets to an Osprey pack

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:32 am

In a small effort to get the weight down I recently bought a S/H Osprey 85l pack here on the forum.
Last week I was gifted a pair of Aarn Sport pockets in a PIF from Jobell
I'm wondering if anybody here has tried to adapt such to an Osprey pack and if so how they did it and how it worked.
The Aarn pockets are much bigger than the shebas I use with the big WE Alpine Expedition which has been my winter pack until now
I think others have tried this before but those threads are quite old and perhaps some others have tried recently
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Aarn pockets to an Osprey pack

Postby north-north-west » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:44 am

Aarn did make belt attachments to fit the pockets to other pack, but I can't find them listed on the website.

The top clips are simple - you just attach them to the shoulder straps at a convenient height. You will probably need to alter your chest clip arrangement if you want to cross clip the pockets (the crossover system is by far the most comfortable and versatile). Then it is simply a matter of making and fitting belt attachments. All that is required is a flat tube of webbing of the appropriate size, with a pop stud to stop them slipping out. The most secure method is to stitch these to the belt more or less in front of the hip bone.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment