Mountain Designs hiking socks

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Mountain Designs hiking socks

Postby thelazyhiker » Sun 24 Feb, 2019 5:05 pm

My Mountain Designs hiking sock are getting a bit old and I wanted to replace them. Unfortunately the Mountain Designs shop closed down and I can't get them online. I'm looking for similar socks as they are great. I tried other brands but I keep going back to my old Mountain Designs socks. I'm not sure what model they are but they are black with white lines crew cut socks and they contain the logo and brand name Mountain Designs. It would be great if someone can advise me on similar socks.
thelazyhiker
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Western Australia

Re: Mountain Designs hiking socks

Postby beardless » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 7:22 pm

The roughly 80% wool Mountain Design socks were my go to socks for a number of years. I hope Mountain Designs brings them back when trading begins again.
beardless
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby crollsurf » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 7:47 pm

Pretty sure I've got 4 pairs of the same socks. They run a tad warm which I personally like and super comfy. They have pilled a bit on the inside but still work just fine.

I've picked up a couple of pairs of Darn Tuff socks off Massdrop that are similar. Sorry but I don't remember the model and they are a bit more of a... I dont know, a taylored fit but find them nice and I have a high instep.

Still reach for the MD socks when day walking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Lamont » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 8:01 pm

Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country