Step One Undies

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Step One Undies

Postby ChrisJHC » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 1:05 pm

Has anyone had a look at these for hiking?
Made from bamboo which is supposed to breathe more than cotton.
Lycra on the inside leg which should help with chafing.
Plus an Australian company so supporting the locals.

Thoughts?

https://stepone.life/
ChrisJHC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: Step One Undies

Postby Turfa » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 4:53 pm

Haven't tried the Step One product, but I did recently use Aerodaks for 7 weeks on the PCT & they were brilliant ! Very comfortable, no chafing and could be washed and dried easily and quickly.

https://www.aerodaks.com/

Also an Aussie company
Turfa
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australia

Postby nq111 » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 6:23 pm

I use a similar style - 9 inch boxer jocks by Heatgear - and they are great for bushwalking. Material on material stops the chaffing.

Bamboo fibre is often a product processed into plain old rayon. Rayon is a useful synthetic, but the claims of bamboo over other synthetics comfort wise can be a bit overblown.
nq111

Region: Queensland

Postby ChrisJHC » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm

Gave these a go on a 20km day hike.
Very comfortable.
They were cool and I didn't experience any chafing.
They are a little on the expensive side for everyday use (compared to my usual Bonds 5-pack for $10!) so I might get another pair to give me two dedicated hiking pairs. I expect they'd dry pretty quickly so two pairs would last any multi-day trip.
ChrisJHC

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment