Zamberlan walking shoes

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Zamberlan walking shoes

Postby davidf » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:34 am

Had a quick net browse. Mtn Designs used to sell them, had 2 pair on 2different specials, leather gortex lined things. Any blue mountains or sydney stores sell them anyone know of. I hate shopping and going to shops but would buy local if not arm and a leg more than a net provider.
davidf
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Zamberlan walking shoes

Postby crollsurf » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:50 am

If you're talking about the Zamberlan Vioz GTX boots I had a look and couldn't see them for sale other than online.
I got a pair in a size 11 that still have plenty of life in them if your interested. Say $150. They scuff up a bit around the toe over time but these have been polished after every hike because I love them so much. I can send you a photo if you like.
I haven't worn them for years due to their weight and I wear waterproof socks now when it's raining but loved these boots for comfort and keeping my feet dry.
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Zamberlan walking shoes

Postby davidf » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 2:51 pm

Found something similar to what i had the intrepid. The 2 previous pairs lasted really well and while snug handled my wide feet well. Stiff but not to stiff, handled scrambling, heavy pack, swimmi g etc. So poor shops i,m internet buying.
davidf
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Equipment