Rickshaws

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Rickshaws

Postby trekker76 » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:39 pm

This will get a few laughs but anyone heard of people dragging rickshaws along easier trails, as in the handheld type? I recall some places in the world they take tourists on easier trails with them. I was wondering if anyone might have done the same thing here. Similar concept to the mini kids trailers for bikes, but the rickshaw could also take an adult, disabled or old person outdoors and get fit in the process.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Rickshaws

Postby CraigVIC » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:05 pm

CraigVIC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby trekker76 » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:47 pm

Thanks Craig ! that's the concept.That one is obviously more offroady, hence the dual users for stability, but its the same purpose. If I was able to work out the right end of a spanner I might try and make a lightweight rickshaw for easy trails myself.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby trekker76 » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:55 pm

Your link stimulated me to search all terrain wheelchairs, a subject I had no previous awareness of. This is probably what I'd be looking at.
Bush chariot https://ilcaustralia.org.au/products/15 ... h_tree=903
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tastrax » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

Just be aware that bicycles (and possibly rickshaws) are classified as 'vehicles' and are not permitted on many walking tracks (depends on state legislation)
Cheers - Phil

OSM Mapper
tastrax
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: RETIRED! - Parks and Wildlife Service
Region: Tasmania

Postby tastrax » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:31 pm

Trailrider chairs - https://mobilityplus.com.au/product/trailrider - available at Cradle Mountain

TriRide also that attaches to a wheelchair - http://www.davincimobility.com/products ... ttachment/
Cheers - Phil

OSM Mapper
tastrax
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: RETIRED! - Parks and Wildlife Service
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment