nemo galaxy 2p

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

nemo galaxy 2p

Postby trekker76 » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:42 pm

Hopefully won't get booted from the site for overloading the new guy question quota :D Just wondering if anyone used the above tent. Was thinking with the mesh and dual vestibules would be good for airflow in warmer weather. Would this be sound reasoning? Also Is nemo a pretty good brand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FojtlUd_h78
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Re: nemo galaxy 2p

Postby Franco » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 11:56 am

there is a strict 99 questions limit for the first month.
So you need to pace yourself.
Franco
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby trekker76 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm

:lol: I should be okay then, just. Most of my setup is working for me, being fairly isolated here( as in not a lot of other hikers) you end up with a few queries accumulating, or things you'd like to verify with like minded folk. Hence the rapid fire on varied subjects. Shortly I will retire to my jungle lair armed with new knowledge and probably a smaller bank balance.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Nuts » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 2:41 pm

Nemo gear is definitely good quality. Iv'e not had their pole tents, but others.
Really a hammock would be ideal? Otherwise I think some of Tarptents 2 door models would be a good versatile option for warm tenting?
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby trekker76 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:49 pm

Thanks Nuts, the tarptent bowfin 1 ticks a lot of boxes, going to email them to ask about different colored flies aka green or drab earth tones. Probably no luck but worth a try as I'd like to fit into the surroundings esp hiking SE Asia. Hammocks are king in forest but prefer an all round option for varied terrain.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby trekker76 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm

btw does anyone know if there is there an Australian distributor for Tarptent?
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Nuts » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:03 pm

ha, yeah, franco ^^^.. good luck getting anything but drab grey :)
That said, maybe it fits in to surrounds better than Nemo, their green is very bright.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby trekker76 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm

:D
Thanks!

Franco I guess its the one colour scheme only?

Regards the nemo, I was probably going to run with the earth/brown colour. Seems to be a couple versions of the galaxi I have noticed as well. An older more standard dome and one where they bent the poles ,I think slightly different colour scheme as well..
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Nuts » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 1:22 pm

Learn something new every day.. brown eh.. I do like their airbeam developments for bivy's and small tents.
'Six Moon Designs' also have some good 'straight pole' shelters that would work well for warm walking. They are lightweight and good value.. and have a green option. I have a (white) Luna Duo, two doors low floor and mesh etc.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment