Black wolf stealth mesh

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Black wolf stealth mesh

Postby trekker76 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:34 pm

Anyone used this cheapo recently? https://www.productreview.com.au/p/blac ... -mesh.html
Turns up on occasional searches on kayak forums etc as being okayish for the money. Obviously its a camping store clunker with old style pole sleeves etc but any reports on the actual seams, stitching, durability? Am chasing an all mesh inner tent, decent floor, rainy summer use mostly.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Black wolf stealth mesh

Postby trekker76 » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 12:50 am

Well I took a look at it in a store. Microreview as follows. Its probably not badly made for the price. What I do like is the generous weave mesh, the only one better is the cheapo nomad series. Its dissappointing if you want good airflow aka mosquitoe weave you are stuck with the cheapo tents. As soon as you move into quality brands its all noseeum. Decided against getting one, weight says 2.6kg but felt more like 3 in the hand. I really need to drop some weight from my setup.
trekker76
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Return to Equipment