How many backpacks do you have?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: How many backpacks do you have?

Postby wallwombat » Sat 30 May, 2020 1:32 pm

wallwombat wrote:Black Diamond Bullet 16L
Lowepro Photosport 25L
Osprey Exposure 36L
Osprey Exos 48L
Golite Quest 70L
Wilderness Equipment Mountain Expedition 110L

Iv'e added an Osprey Exos 38 and a Gossamer Gear Minimalist 24 to that list.

When I worry about having a backpack buying problem, I just look at my stove collection and realise it's not that bad.
wallwombat
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby headwerkn » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 12:42 pm

Only two big packs (Arc'teryx Bora AR63 and my old MD Trekker 70) but waaaay too many ~20L packs... ironically they're all from Salomon too... SLab Peak 20, X-Alp 23, Outpeak 20+4, plus at least 3 smaller trail running vests. Sad thing is I'm now looking at the XA25 and thinking "yeah" ;-)
headwerkn
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Postby Kott » Tue 09 Jun, 2020 7:27 pm

I've got only one for hiking, Deuter Actlite 50+10 that I've had for close to 10 years. Every now and then I think about getting another one that would be lighter but that bag is just so damn comfy and well ventilated that its hard to find a better one.

As to day packs or quick holiday packs - I've got 2. Gossamer something and a random one from Aussie disposals.
Kott
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Equipment