Help me choose a baseplate compass?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Help me choose a baseplate compass?

Postby photohiker » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 4:26 pm

Hey. Went to go to a few weeks ago Tassie, but my Compass had a big bubble on it. It is the Suunto M3, and used it all over the world, UK, Finland, Sweden, NZ, etc.

Bought it in the UK around 2012

When I came back home from Tassie, I contacted Suunto and they said I could send the compass to them, and may repair or replace them.
They sent me info to print and show the compass and docs printed to the freight guy who came to the house! He strapped the box up and sent it to HK.
That was a couple of weeks and it arrived today and was replaced free!

The Suunto helping is excellent!
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Previous

Return to Equipment