One Planet Rain Jackets & Overpants

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: One Planet Rain Jackets & Overpants

Postby Lamont » Mon 15 Jun, 2020 4:41 pm

Just something to think about Rockyw- I believe only the One Planet is made in Oz. The other is not, last I checked.
Also One Planet moved to a new 3 layer laminate-'Synapse' -also made here in Sydney last I heard. I think you may need someone with a new Synapse jacket to give you the gen on WP and durability of the WP perhaps? I loved their Torrent model and the 3/4 length especially in the cold.
By the way Drew I own the LHG and it's alright!
Certainly not scrub bashable tho' but pretty toughish.
No affiliation with One Planet but owned quite a few of their items.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: One Planet Rain Jackets & Overpants

Postby rockwallaby » Thu 09 Jul, 2020 10:52 am

Ive decided on the One Planet Wangi simple design no bells and whistles but all it has to do is keep the rain out!
its a good length and seems fairly tough fabric time will tell. and when you can buy/support Australian made at the moment why wouldn't you

My last jacket was a North Face proshell purchased in Nepal for $70 (plus included a softshell that zipped inside)
knockoff or not this lasted 8 years before seam tape started peeling off
rockwallaby
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Previous

Return to Equipment