meindl island pro problem

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

meindl island pro problem

Postby 5589buster3 » Sat 06 Apr, 2013 9:38 am

I have a pair of meindl island pros about 2 years old, they have not had a lot of use.They are my second pair, at first the rubber at the toe started to lift, when I spoke with a supplier who recommended to use some form of rubber glue, which had little success. now to my dismay after a few days away and the constant sloshing of water coming from the boot I've found the front half of the sole is coming away from the boot.This from only wet long grass.Would they be successfully repaired or do I try anther brand.
Steve
5589buster3
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: meindl island pro problem

Postby north-north-west » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 5:34 pm

If Selleys Shoe Glue doesn't work, try Superglue. It's the only thing I've found that really holds on with exposure to the wet.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: meindl island pro problem

Postby wayno » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 6:05 pm

find a good boot repairer.
the good ones know how to use the contact adhesive correctly, ideally it bonds best at a particular temp.
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Return to Equipment