Commercial Advertising

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Re: Commercial Advertising On BWT & BWA

Postby frank_in_oz » Wed 30 Sep, 2009 9:34 am

Son of a Beach wrote:I have a conspiracy theory, however, that sites with Google Ads get ranked higher in Google than other sites.

Reasonable theory Nik. I also do some paid Google advertising because my blog was "low" on a lot of Overland Track searches. This seems to have bumped up my page ranking but who knows!

Google ?= World domination??? Would be dumping all old media shares, these guys almost own the world already as regards advertising revenue....
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Advertising Changes

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 1:58 pm

I want to let members know that the advertising on this web site is about to have two changes that people are likely to notice:
  • New adverts will be slightly larger.
  • New adverts may use animation and/or be interactive.

These changes are to comply with the requirements of the third party advertising agency which will commence running some new advertising on this site very soon.

I apologise to any people who might prefer the smaller static images to the larger animated ones.

Please note that I am not just handing over complete control of advertising to the third party. I will continue to work with them to make sure that we only get advertising that may be of interest to site visitors.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Previous

Return to Forum & Site