Query... Budawangs

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Query... Budawangs

Postby rennat » Sun 05 Oct, 2014 5:40 am

Is there someone who has found and used the pass off the NE side of Mt Tarn, not the saddle between Tarn and Haughton but the drop off the cliff line that you would use to get to the camping cave at the SE end of Tarn, who could accurately describe how to locate it's position. My friend and I tried many times to find the pass but were beaten by the hakea and tea tree and finally a burst boot. Cheers Gary.
rennat
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New Zealand

Re: Query... Budawangs

Postby johnw » Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:40 pm

rennat wrote:Is there someone who has found and used the pass off the NE side of Mt Tarn, not the saddle between Tarn and Haughton but the drop off the cliff line that you would use to get to the camping cave at the SE end of Tarn, who could accurately describe how to locate it's position. My friend and I tried many times to find the pass but were beaten by the hakea and tea tree and finally a burst boot. Cheers Gary.

Hi rennet,
You might want to re-post your question in the New South Wales & ACT section. You probably won't get many answers here as it's only for forum related issues. Sorry I can't help, I've only walked Pigeon House Mtn and Mt Bushwalker in that region. May also need to get answers via PM as parts of the Budawangs may be considered sensitive.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Forum & Site