wheres my post gone

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

wheres my post gone

Postby wildernesswanderer » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 7:26 pm

disappeared, gone, must have been deleted. nice to get notified
wildernesswanderer
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: wheres my post gone

Postby Nuts » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi, I'm not sure where your post has gone. It will help to remind us which one, when?
It may have been moved for a number of reasons, some things are moved temporarily for discussion, sometimes the topics themselves may have been moved.. If it wasn't removed for obvious reasons it's safe to assume the best.

Please, in these cases (anything to do with moderation) send one of us a message: memberlist.php?mode=leaders
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby MickyB » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 7:58 pm

If the post you were refering to was about the kiwi's killed on K2 it was moved to 'Between Bushwalks'. Noticed it there this morning. Double up on the same topic.
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby wildernesswanderer » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh ok thats a weird spot to put it as other post about tragedies while walking/climbing are in this forum section.
wildernesswanderer
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Nuts » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:48 pm

Ahh, goodO. Probably moved there as that was the location of the original/similar topic.

Just to add that Individual post actions aren't immediately obvious to find in the mod section (ie. unless it was something that I had recently done I/we would need to search to see what has happened earlier). You wouldn't normally be advised in these cases of routine moves unless the person moving the post thought it would be important to you... it's at their discretion I guess.. less likely when there is too much else going on.. (ie on the forum as well as off :) )

I'll move this to 'forum and site' section (later) as some explanation/understanding may help (some) other forum members..

Good question!
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby wayno » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 5:40 am

helps to use the active topics search sto see if something similar has been posted somewher else.
climbing is not strictly bushwalking so i put my post in 'between bushwalks" grey area
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Postby tasadam » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:27 am

wildernesswanderer wrote:Oh ok thats a weird spot to put it as other post about tragedies while walking/climbing are in this forum section.

Hi.

Addressing your issues -

A user reported your post as being a duplicate to another topic. As the other topic was posted first, I merged your topic into theirs.

If you feel that the "Between Bushwalks" forum is a weird place for such a topic, you are welcome to report it and request it be considered moved to (wherever you recommend / think it fits best). I think it could be moved, but am not sure which is the best forum for it.

If you want to find your posts, click on your username - it takes you to THIS PAGE. From here, in the bottom right, there is a link to "Search users posts".
Clicking on that, and you can find all your posts. By the way, the link from your original post did not change. So I am not sure why you had trouble locating your post.

You will see that when YOUR TOPIC was moved, it was also edited to indicate what had been done with it.

Finally, this is more a forum related discussion than a bushwalking discussion, so I am moving this topic to the "Forum and Site" area.

I hope this clears it up, feel free to ask if there are other issues.
Cheers!
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Postby Nuts » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:34 am

wayno wrote:helps to use the active topics search sto see if something similar has been posted somewher else.

Yes pretty much what the mods would need to do for each new topic (ie not gonna happen in a hurry). Does keep things in order if people report them (posted-in-the-wrong-spot topics) as they come up.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Forum & Site