Buyer and seller feedback?

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Buyer and seller feedback?

Postby Mitchc » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 7:17 pm

I lurk a number of forums for varying reasons, but one thing I have found that I think is great, is buyer and seller feedback.

For the majority of the times, I am sure the transaction through this site are easy and smooth, however, some may not be. For new members looking to buy something it's great confidence being able to look them up and see that they have a good track record, and sometimes it is just nice to publicly say thank you. For example, I just purchased a jacket off Cams, which arrived very quick and exactly as described; and that I would recommend anyone dealing with him.

Opinions?
Mitchc
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Buyer and seller feedback?

Postby wayno » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 6:29 am

does anyone here sell much gear? i thought they are mainly people doing one or two sales very infrequently... if you've only made one sale and get 100% bad feedback becuaase of a grumpy buyer, what hope do you have to redeem yourself and ever be able to make another sale? its a bushwalking forum that just sells the odd bit of gear.
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 8:17 am

I agree with Wayno. Either there's volume to at have the benefit of averages, or it's not too meaningful unless the particular seller/buyer is a well known identities on this forum. From what I have seen, many of the sellers and buyers are silent individuals who most of us know little about. Who knows if the feedbacks where reasonable as a result?
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Mitchc » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 4:24 pm

Makes sense. Seen it work on other forums and thought it was worth a suggestion.
Mitchc
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 5:36 pm

I think that at the end of the day, personal due diligence and care is what's called for. One can always and should do a search of the member and see his/her history amongst other cares in an online transaction. Also, I think buyers have commonly left comment/s of their transaction in the relevant thread.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby walkerchris77 » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 7:53 pm

GPSGuided wrote:I think that at the end of the day, personalte diligence and care is what's called for. One can always and should do a search of the member and see his/her history amongst other cares in an online transaction. Also, I think buyers have commonly left comment/s of their transaction in the relevant thread.

Totally agree. I brought an expensive (over $500) item off sty. I was a bit unsure so he gave me the names of a few ppl he sold other stuff to. Contacted them they said all good. They product arrived a few days later. :D
walkerchris77
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to Forum & Site