Video for my church

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Video for my church

Postby Phil » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 1:12 pm

Hey guys

Just thought I'd share a link to check out a video if you're interested:

http://vimeo.com/30524137

We put this video together and used it in our church services (we're showing it again this Sunday actually). A VERY BIG SPECIAL THANKS to some of our very own forum members who kindly allowed the use of their own photos in the video! :D

I am greatly embarrassed at my pics that are slotted in alongside some amazing photos by some of you guys, you put me to shame!! :lol: .......but then again, I do only take my iPhone out when I go for a wander so what can I expect! :lol:

Feel free to check it out, and thanks again to those of you whose photos make an appearance!!

Cheers

Phil
Phil
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Video for my church

Postby stepbystep » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 1:53 pm

Hey Phil, nice video, and well put together!
Not sure it's God whispering in my ear when I'm out there, but some profound things get said! :shock: 8) :wink:
The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders ~ Edward Abbey
stepbystep
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby johnw » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 2:31 pm

Inspirational Phil! Nicely done 8).
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby taswegian » Sun 16 Oct, 2011 6:21 pm

Phil thanks for posting.
We surely live in a wonderland of sheer beauty, inspirational sites and can have memory making experiences when we take the time and make the effort.
Well done.
taswegian

Postby Joel » Mon 17 Oct, 2011 6:27 pm

That is such propaganda. If talking about politics is against forum rules, I can't see how posting a link to this video could be seen as legitamate. We don't all believe in a God, much less the Christian version of a God.

Content must not include propaganda, advertising, marketing or promotion for, by, or on behalf of, any organisation or entity whether commercial, non-profit, voluntary, lobby-group, political group or otherwise. Exceptions are as follows:
Joel
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Video for my church

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 17 Oct, 2011 6:51 pm

Firstly, let me just remind people that the correct way to deal with posts or people they find issue with is to discuss it with the author of the post in question or if that is too hard (or doesn't resolve the issue) then to report it to the moderation team. There is a report button near the top right of each post.

I don't have a problem with people posting about their church group, their scout group their knitting club or any other organisation they may be involved in (within reason). Unless of course it is explicitly advertising or propaganda in which case it belongs in the advertising forum.

In this case, I thought that it was more to show people on this forum how their photos had been used (with permission) rather than advertising a particular church. If you feel strongly otherwise, then perhaps he could consider removing the name of the church (NB: I've removed the name of it myself now. I don't think there was any real problem with having it there, but hopefully this will appease the restless natives a bit, and I might be able to get some more useful done today).

If people are worried about the words used in the presentation that is their problem, as it was quite clear before clicking on the link that it was a Christian presentation.

Please note that any further comments on moderation of this topic should be done in private with the moderation team. Discussion about moderation in general should be restricted to the 'Forum' forum.

The other posts related to the entertainment value of the potential controversy in this topic have been removed to fit forum rules and guidelines, although part of one is reposted here anonymously to illustrate part of what I was saying above:
I think Phil was just showing the forum members whose photos he used what he did with their images, nice job too Phil :). I have to admit I am not religious and never imagined a photo I took would be shown in a church,!!! I can see your viewpoint Joel, but I don't see Phil trying to indoctrinate anyone.

PS. Several subsequent posts have also been removed. As one of them stated, I would also recommend that if people don't want to read Christian stuff, they should avoid clicking on topics with church-related titles.

PPS. Just to be open about my position... I am a christian, so I do have at least a sub-conscious bias here, however I'm trying to be objective.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Return to Between Bushwalks