Things I Have Seen In The Bush.

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Things I Have Seen In The Bush.

Postby Le-Loup » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 11:18 am

Well I will start this one off. I have seen a lot of UFOs, but I have also seen alien craft in the night sky. The alien craft can be distinguished by the fact that they can change direction, and they can travel at light speed. This I have also seen many times, here in NSW and in the Territory. But many years ago I got to see an alien craft up close, well at least within 50 yards. My young son at that time spotted its reflection in Cattail Pond and when I looked up, there it was. Stationary, no sound at all. 20 years later and I still look for their return.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life.” Henry David Thoreau.
Le-Loup
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Things I Have Seen In The Bush.

Postby tasadam » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 11:41 am

Much as I could be tempted to say...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4302

I have a good friend that has seen something similar. Haven't had the encounter myself, but I do hope. Then at least I will know for sure in my own mind.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Postby Le-Loup » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:28 pm

tasadam wrote:Much as I could be tempted to say...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4302

I have a good friend that has seen something similar. Haven't had the encounter myself, but I do hope. Then at least I will know for sure in my own mind.

I can understand that. You will have to spend more time watching the night sky. The only time I identified alien craft in the night sky when they did not change direction, was when I saw nine of them together, I figured they could not all be space junk or satalites!
But the one I saw up close was in daylight, so no chance of any mistake, not a helicopter(!) or a weather balloon(!). It must have been about 4pm on a winter day, and at 50 yards there is no chance of a mistake.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life.” Henry David Thoreau.
Le-Loup
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Postby ILUVSWTAS » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 1:01 pm

Satellites can be moved in a large group can they not?? I remember seeing several together moving at the same speed across the sky whilst at Binalong one night. Several mates also saw it.
I figured they were satellites, or junk, or a bunch of small planes. Maybe they WERE UFO'S......
Nothing to see here.
ILUVSWTAS
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby stu » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 2:59 pm

Last edited by stu on Mon 19 Jul, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stu
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ollster » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 3:17 pm

stubowling wrote:Yes, I can confirm some of the above statements.
I was lucky enough to get a rare photo on my last walk.
fig09-aliens-crop.jpg

Are those dudes wearing Skins? I really don't need to see that.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
ollster
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: LoveMyGoat.com
Region: Australia

Postby ILUVSWTAS » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 3:21 pm

I didnt think Dave liked his photo being taken??
Nothing to see here.
ILUVSWTAS
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby walkinTas » Sun 18 Jul, 2010 11:35 pm

They look like a couple of beginner walkers. Where is the rest of their gear. A few tips guys! I like the bright coloured thermals, but walking in thermals only is a bit silly. The fingers on your cloves look a bit long, they'd be no good for photography or any other delicate work. Bushwalkers don't need to wear helmets, and those helmets look very hot and uncomfortable.

Edit: Photo disappeared. It was a picture of two aliens. Above comment was a silly quip about the two beings in the photo. :|
Last edited by walkinTas on Mon 19 Jul, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby tasadam » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:58 am

For those that might have missed it, from another topic created by this (sadly) ex-member,

Son of a Beach wrote:Well, it's somewhat too late for me to do anything about it now, but it appears that a few members have lacked the tact and sensitivity to effectively communicate in a positive manner with somebody who's a bit different in their thoughts or opinions. It's a real tragedy, because I found Le-Loup's posts so far to be fascinating, and I thought he was a great character to have around here. The living history aspect is something that particularly appealed to me.

Note that I think some of the posts that upset him were in other topics, not just this one - some of the posts in other topics were somewhat more derogatory than the posts here.

Please remember in future that just because somebody does things differently to you, or has different opinions or beliefs to you, does not mean that stirring and insults doesn't hurt them. Our society seems to have somewhat adjusted to reduce racial prejudice, and it is now politically incorrect to give people a hard time because of their religion (although that seems to apply more to some religions than others), however there seems to be no protection for people who don't have sufficient lobby group to bring such protection into law. Really, can't people just get along, despite their differences?

This is not the first time somebody has left this site because of the treatment they've received from members here.

Are such people over-sensitive? Do they have unrealistic expectations of internet-forums-communications? Perhaps. But that is still no reason for anybody to treat anyone else poorly.

PS. This topic is being moved because the OP has removed his original content, and there is little left that fits the forum it was originally posted to.

I think it is really sad that any member receives the kind of welcome here on this forum that results in them leaving in disgust. I had PM'd this member after finding a number of questionable posts, inviting them to report any posts they felt were inappropriate. It seems I was too late.
Please remember for future, all people are different. This is a public forum, but not everyone comes here with the thick skin required of a modern 21st century forum user to be able to deal with posts that ordinarily seem pretty insensitive, regardless of their intention to be funny or whatever. To this poster, such posts did nothing but ridicule him. The intentions of rule 1 on this forum are clearly to try and prevent this. Everyone here should be made to feel welcome. If you want to have fun, think about who you're having fun with, and whether it really should be said.

So. I'm a moderator. I could have gone in and cleaned up all the ridicule posts that get made, warn users to be nice etc... Fun Police at work again, over-moderation etc... I can hear it now. Heard it before and have grown a thicker skin myself as a result.
But, how do you think this makes us feel?
What is the point in telling me to be polite on the forums, and then subjecting me to that crap without doing anything? All I wanted to do was share some knowledge, I am too old to have to put up with that crap and I certainly don't need a forum like this one.

I still live in the hope that this member can give us another chance. Perhaps I'm the eternal optimist, but as a person with a wealth of knowledge such as him, I have already seen I am far from alone in wanting to read more of what he has to say.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Postby geoskid » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 9:59 pm

Le-Loup wrote:Well I will start this one off. I have seen a lot of UFOs, but I have also seen alien craft in the night sky. The alien craft can be distinguished by the fact that they can change direction, and they can travel at light speed. This I have also seen many times, here in NSW and in the Territory. But many years ago I got to see an alien craft up close, well at least within 50 yards. My young son at that time spotted its reflection in Cattail Pond and when I looked up, there it was. Stationary, no sound at all. 20 years later and I still look for their return.

I find it challenging that you write about facts in relation to alien space craft. Surely you will concede it is a belief.
I believe you have made some incorrect assumptions and therefore drawn some incorrect conclusions.
I have no doubt your belief is strong, that makes it a strong belief, not necessarily fact.
One of my favorite sayings is "the Truth is independent of what we want it to be".
Critical Thinking.. the awakening of the intellect to the study of itself.
http://www.criticalthinking.org/
geoskid
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Ent » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 8:42 am

Content removed by poster.
Last edited by Ent on Thu 06 Jan, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby photohiker » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 9:46 am

Brett wrote:Even today I believe according to aero engineering principles a bumble bee should not fly, yet it does.

:shock:

What aero engineering principles are you referring to specifically?

I think you will find that the bumble bee follows aero engineering principles quite well. The airframe has a certain weight and drag, but the wings and propulsion system create enough lift to carry it into the air and give it adequate manoeuvrability to perform it's required objectives.
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Ent » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 10:45 am

Last edited by Ent on Thu 06 Jan, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby flyfisher » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 7:41 pm

Well done Brett, baffled em with science. :lol:

John
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania

Postby photohiker » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 8:33 pm

flyfisher wrote:baffled em with science. :lol:

or time warp :D
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Ent » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:33 pm

Last edited by Ent on Thu 06 Jan, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby walkinTas » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 3:07 pm

I believe in aliens. When we get to other planets I reckon we'll find things even more unimaginable than those here on earth.

Just don't believe in teasers.

Hitch-hiker's guide to Galaxy by Douglas Adams wrote:'Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than I indended',
said Ford. 'I came for a week and got stuck for fifteen years.'

'But how did you get there in the first place then?'

'Easy, I got a lift with a teaser.'

'A teaser?'

'Yeah.'

'Er, what is...'

'A teaser! Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around
looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult
for him.

'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few
people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever
going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae
on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Between Bushwalks