Quick-dry trainers

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Quick-dry trainers

Postby flatfoot » Sun 30 May, 2010 12:15 pm

I ride a hybrid bike for fitness and I've never bothered with the fancy pedals. I just use an old pair of trainers.

I was drenched on a ride yesterday and my only pair of shoes suitable for cycling are saturated and hence hanging on the clothesline. The weather was ok this morning for a ride but I didn't fancy putting on cold and wet shoes.

Can anyone suggest a quick-drying trainer? If they are inexpensive I might get two pairs.

Volleys might be an option ...? Are they quick-drying? Anything else you can suggest?
Flat-footed Mainlander
flatfoot
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Quick-dry trainers

Postby corvus » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:30 pm

flatfoot wrote:I ride a hybrid bike for fitness and I've never bothered with the fancy pedals. I just use an old pair of trainers.

I was drenched on a ride yesterday and my only pair of shoes suitable for cycling are saturated and hence hanging on the clothesline. The weather was ok this morning for a ride but I didn't fancy putting on cold and wet shoes.

Can anyone suggest a quick-drying trainer? If they are inexpensive I might get two pairs.

Volleys might be an option ...? Are they quick-drying? Anything else you can suggest?

G'day flatfoot,
You could try Crocs especially the knock off ones :lol:
corvus
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Postby flatfoot » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:06 pm

corvus wrote:
G'day flatfoot,
You could try Crocs especially the knock off ones :lol:
corvus

Not quite what I was thinking. They are certainly breathable!
Flat-footed Mainlander
flatfoot

Postby johnw » Sun 30 May, 2010 11:58 pm

flatfoot wrote:I ride a hybrid bike for fitness and I've never bothered with the fancy pedals. I just use an old pair of trainers.

Wore volleys on my MTB for a longish road ride this morning (trails too wet at present for any other type of ride). They're not really what I would call quick drying, uppers being a type of heavy cotton canvas. In summer they don't take too long to dry out, but in the current weather I doubt it. Most trail running shoes would probably do the job I think. I bought a pair of Adidas Kanadia recently, for similar reasons, but haven't tried them out yet.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby flatfoot » Mon 31 May, 2010 5:10 pm

johnw wrote:Wore volleys on my MTB for a longish road ride this morning (trails too wet at present for any other type of ride). They're not really what I would call quick drying, uppers being a type of heavy cotton canvas. In summer they don't take too long to dry out, but in the current weather I doubt it. Most trail running shoes would probably do the job I think. I bought a pair of Adidas Kanadia recently, for similar reasons, but haven't tried them out yet.

There's Addidas and Nike factory outlets at auburn. I might see if they have anything similar.
Flat-footed Mainlander
flatfoot

Postby pazzar » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 9:01 pm

I'd be looking for a goretex cross trainer, they dry pretty quickly, and you can still do many other things in them. I'd suggest looking at Salomon shoes. They give pretty good support as a walking shoe or a runner.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
pazzar
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Between Bushwalks