Knees'n'Ankles

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Re: Knees'n'Ankles

Postby johnw » Thu 30 Sep, 2010 1:48 am

My knee continues to improve following recent arthroscopy to partially remove a torn lateral meniscus and fix related issues. I returned to bushwalking the weekend before last and managed 16km of easy day walks over 2 days. Felt really good on the Sunday clocking up about 11km. Although not totally recovered, which will take some time, I can now bend it far beyond what was possible pre-surgery, and can negotiate steep terrain, steps etc almost pain free. I had a follow up visit with the surgeon last week and he was happy with the results, but warned that it's not necessarily a permanent solution and may require a follow up in 2-3 years. Also likely require a knee replacement eventually but probably not until late 60s/70s. Continuing with self administered physio to strengthen quads and restore flexibility. I'm allowed to return to running and cycling from next week but we'll be in Fiji for a short break so I might wait until after that.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Cocksy_86 » Thu 30 Sep, 2010 7:06 am

I guess you'll have to tolerate waiting in Fiji :D
Cocksy from Down Under
http://www.seqhistory.com
Cocksy_86
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby johnw » Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:36 am

Cocksy_86 wrote:I guess you'll have to tolerate waiting in Fiji :D

Yes they've been giving me a hard time at work about that for weeks :lol:. Which reminds me I want to ask something in another forum.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Between Bushwalks