Desktop version
For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.
Post a reply

Vale 'flyfisher'

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 12:01 am

Those who remember "flyfisher' as a contributor to this forum will be saddened to hear he has succumbed to cancer. A gentleman and a voice of reason in debates that are often shrill, he will be missed. Vale John. :(

Re: Vale 'flyfisher'

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 2:34 am

Sad news, condolences to his friends & family...

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 6:08 am

Oh, indeed a sad day. I only met and had the opportunity to know John over the period of a couple of overnight walks but he seemed like a thoroughly decent gent. rest in peace.

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 4:38 pm

Oh very sad to hear. I think he was from my neck of the woods, but I never got to meet him. RIP John.

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 6:10 pm

Yes sad news.
I always valued his input into topics raised here.
His memory will no doubt linger.

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 6:18 pm

My mate John was one of the first to hook up with my so-called BWT Strollers and despite him living down South he never missed any "Strolls" up here in the NW, he will be sadly missed.

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 10:28 pm

Very sad news indeed. This community was very much richer for his presence in it. Rest in Peace John and thanks for the advice. Thanks for posting Buddy.

Thu 04 Jan, 2018 11:45 pm

That is sad news. I remember him fondly as one of the "Strollers" I had the pleasure of walking with twice when I returned to walking nearly 10 years ago.
He was good company, and considerate to me with my relative lack of fitness. An interesting and informed contributor to this forum too.

Fri 05 Jan, 2018 1:35 pm

Oh! So sad for John's family, and for all his walking buddies!

I first met John at Lees Paddocks on the Bushwalk Tasmania (now Bushwalk Australia) first anniversary walk, and subsequently joined him and some of the 'strollers' on a couple of other walks.

His knowledge of the bush - particularly around fishing and 4wd areas - was amazing!

We will all miss you 'flyfisher' John.
Post a reply